Saturday, December 7, 2013

Remember Miracles

I could not fall asleep last night.  So I should be more tired now, and napping with the rest of my men, but I'm still wired.  I can no longer blame it on that stinkin cup of coffee I had at 2pm yesterday, which in all actuality I loved and would drink again because it was filled with all sorts of pumpkiny spice goodness! 
No, its not the coffee, its what awoke inside last night after writing about simple miracles that I had taken for granted for to long.  

The moment I hit publish on that blog a torrent of other miracles, that I'd either accepted as luck or saw as a result of my own doing, came flooding back into my memory.  I was dumb struck at how every single area of my life has been touched, in one way or another, by the miraculous.... and then an idea hit me.  

I've always had too many words.  JUST. TO. MANY.  I never knew what to do with them all, so I started a blog about 4 years ago as an outlet for some of them.  I thought about doing the 30 days of Thankfulness last November, and new that for all the words of thanks I wanted to post that Facebook might actually kick me off or something.  So, I turned to my blog as an outlet of unrestricted character limits, not wanting to annoy the masses with a lengthy post after post for 30 days.  Well, I skipped the 30 days of Thankfulness again this year for the same reason, but last night God gave me a new little 'tradition' to start, as we enter the season of miracles.  (People, if you join me in this... for the LOVE.... make it a 'note' or start a blog or something, cause I don't want to read a freaking mile long hash-tagged up wall post either mmmm kay.)

I'd like to be creative and come up with some fun seasonal slant to it, like The Twelve Days of.... and then have 12 perfectly crafted things to write about, but in all seriousness I have words, not craftiness, so I'm not gonna freak myself out with some pre-determined quota.  What I AM gonna do is my little part to remind myself and anyone that chooses to read them WHY we celebrate this season.  I will write about as many of the miracle stories that have happened in my own life, as God reminds me of them.  I will remember the miracle that IS Jesus, that this season is about Him and Him alone, and that He is the author and perfecter of my faith.  Please don't read too much into this, and think I'm swearing off presents, and condemning anyone that shops or all things Santa, I love the magic of this season just like everyone else... this is just a fun way for me to keep first things first.  Also, you should know that EVERY SINGLE TIME that I have promised to write daily, I have failed.  I will write them when I write them.  Maybe there will be 3 in a day, maybe I'll remember writing this on Dec. 26th (not likely) and write them all then, or maybe they'll just come out on the days they are supposed to. 

If you're feeling inspired, spend a moment and think about the miracles that have occurred in your own life.  They are there, simply by the fact I believe we're each a miracle in that God created us.  Corny, sure, but I don't care.  Look for them, give credit where credit is due, and marvel at the fact that God cares enough about your life to give you your very own miracles too!  If you don't have a blog, or don't feel like sharing them in a wide venue, feel free to put them in the comments below, just share them with someone because that is what this season is really about, marveling at God's greatest miracles!  

"For unto us a Child is born, a Son is given; and the government will rest on His shoulder.  And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isa 9:6

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have to many words. As I love it when you share them and your many miracles. Because 'you' are one of mine.

    ReplyDelete